Sunday, September 22, 2013

Sorting Laundry

This is something that I hit upon this week when trying to help my two sons with ASD figure out how to tell which pair of pants are theirs and how to sort out their laundry.  My youngest son kept wearing his older brother's pair of pants and couldn't figure out how to tell whose clothes were whose.  I recently had bought a new pair of multi-colored sharpies and an idea came to me to color code their pants for them.  So for my youngest, I drew a thick line down the middle of the tag in green and did the same in red for my other son.  If there wasn't a tag (which sometimes get cut out because they don't like the feeling of tags) I just drew a line down the back part of the pants close to where a tag usually is.  Because they are permanent sharpies, the color doesn't wash out.  Now, when they help sort their laundry all they have to do is check to see what color is on the pants and they know whose pants are whose.  Now only one question remains.  Why didn't I think of this sooner??

No comments:

Post a Comment